Monday, January 14, 2013

"Cruel Harvest" Book Review

Fran Grubb author of "Cruel Harvest" is a strong woman. This memoir she has written must have been almost torturous to relive and remember. It outlines her childhood with an abusive father with no regard to his children and their well being. As a parent it hurts me to think this happens in real life, that there are parents out there care so little for thier very own children. This book was so horrrific to read. It is a compelling story, but so heartrending. It's so hard for me to believe that someone can be strong willed enough to rise above and out of living situations such as these. Grubb is an outstanding human being and her story is one of triumph. I couldn't wait to get to the end, I just knew there would be a sliver of silver lining, her forgiveness, her love, her heroism. So so traumatic and sad, but I'm glad she gave others such as herself, a voice.

0 comments:

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers