Friday, September 28, 2012

Crater Book Review

Thomas Nelson publishing sent me this book free of charge in exchange for an honest review on my blog.
This book, "Crater" is unlike any genre of books I have ever read. It's set in a world where humans live on the moon. It's 22nd century kind of stuff which I don't generally get into. The book follows the character understandably named, "Crater," a young orphaned teen who works in a mine that digs for a product called Helium-3. His life changes when he saves a fellow worker at great risk to himself. The owner of the mine is impressed with him and asks him to complete a very dangerous mission despite Crater's unsurety of his own heroism and bravery.  The other characters are, Maria, who is the mine owners daughter and his pet gillie, a clump of slime mold. This book seems like it would be a fun little romp for teens or preteens but it seems so far fetched to me. The whole "gillie" character is a little weird in itself, but I didn't like the relationship between Crater and Maria. It was a little contrived and juvenile. You might feel differently about this book if you enjoy sci-fi books, but I felt the whole storyline was a little absurd.

0 comments:

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers