Monday, July 21, 2008

Girl's Camp 101




That's Mary Cook form the General YW Presidency.

1.) Freak out an absurd amount of times before the actual event.

2.) Take the most awesome YW in all the land.

3.) Don't have a cow when you overhear a fellow leader talk smack about you and what a crappy job you've done. Shut it!

4.) Stay up all hours of the night playing games, talking, and getting a wet butt in a good ole' round of "Ooga Mooga."

5.) Have the best skit in the whole stake.

5.) Mix in kick butt devotionals by the best stake president and the 1st Counselor of the General YW Presidency.

6.) Be a teeny homesick when you catch wind that the hub has been feeling like he's on his death bed since you left. (Strep throat-cancelled all chiro appointments Wednesday thru Friday)

7.) Breathe a sigh of relief it's done and over with. I had a super fatabulous time though!

6 comments:

Fig said...

Aw, good job! Glad it went okay and that your skit rocked.

[word of warning - absolutely sure you have no ward readers?]

Kadee said...

Who said you did a bad job? That's mean...you've worked so hard. :-(

Janell said...

What a great time, and what an opportunity to have a member of the general YW presidency there - so so cool!

Leah said...

I find that people who criticize our "unconventional" way of doing things are just mad that there weren't enough lame crafts, structured scheduled stuff, and boring-ness. Those people pronounce camp: "Ca-yamp" and slur all their S's. The most important thing is that the girls liked it, and it looks like they definitely did. What the heck? Are those pedicures in the house?

A. Simpson said...

Fig-no ward readers that would know who I'm talking about or would care.

Kadee-I'll tell ya later.

Frumpy-Mary Cook was awesome.

Leah-I agree. I DID do a great job. The girls loved me,this leader just wishes she could be half as kewl as me.

The Woolner Family said...

You are a super trooper. You are my hero (mostly because I loathe camping).

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers