Friday, May 30, 2008

Yellowstone National Park

Buffalos and their kin
I didn't zoom in my camera at all. This chipmunk didn't mind people gawking at him.
While we were walking around near Old Faithful we came back to this in the back of the truck.
The funny thing is I was just reading in the pamphlet "DO NOT feed the animals! People unknowingly feed the animals because they inadvertently leave food out in their campsites."
I figured they were worried about bears not necessarily birds and chipmunks. The thing that I was super ticked about was, that was a brand new unopened bag of chips. Ughh, so wasteful. Little scavengers!

Kymora near one of the waterfalls

Oooh, a geyser.

Danged hub. Refuses to smile on request.

What you can't see, is me saying through clenched teeth, "We hardly have any pictures of us, freakin, smile!"
Hey look! A moose!
Ahh, my boys.
Thar she blows! (The tail end eruption of Old Faithful)
Orange hue of the ground near the paint pots


Memorial Day-Hurray! Drove to Yellowstone @ 7 am (If you know me, you know it was feat to get out the door at that hour).



Kids were so good. Hub was so sweet. Family time is so awesome. Weather was so....sucky. (really cold, a little rainy) Can't win 'em all.






We did see loads of animals, though. Here's the list:



1.Buffalo



2.Antelope



3.Elk



4.Chipmunks



5. A Moose



6. A BEAR! Yes, A bear. It was from a way far off, but still...

5 comments:

Lindy said...

Hey girl!
That is so fun that you went to Yellowstone! We were totally thinking about going there for Memorial Day Weekend, but then I talked to my aunt and she said it would be sooooo cold! So we went to St. George & Zion's instead (and it was cold there, but not too bad!). That is so fun that you saw so many animals! We are trying to plan a trip for later this summer.

Kadee said...

Darnell's glasses are funny.

Eric & Penny Kunz Family said...

Oh you are making me homesick. I am starting to get excited to move back home. Looks like you had a great day!

Jessie said...

beautiful pictures amy

April said...

I have been wanting to go to Yellowstone for the last couple years. I am jealous! And even more jealous that you got to see a bear. That's what I want!!!

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers