Tuesday, May 20, 2008

FHE-Country Style



For Family Home Evening Darnell decided we'd plant our grass out back. Thankfully Darnell's parents came over to help. Darnell drug this "metal thing" (I don't even know what you'd call it) behind our 4 wheeler to collect large rocks and pull up dead weeds. First time Quinn has been on a ride and he loved it. Then we raked up all the rocks, collected them into a wheelbarrow, hauled them off onto one designated section of our yard. Nolan spread the grass seed, and I guess you have to put straw down afterwards so the seed doesn't just blow away. Hmm, who knew. Anyway-that's what Ky is doing. Any guesses as to how long it'll take anything to sprout?

4 comments:

April said...

I bet your kids had tons of fun helping plant the grass seed. Do you have magnifying glasses to watch for sprouts?

I tagged you! Is that the second time I've done that?

emily said...

I would say within a week you should ahve spouts and in a month your grass should be pretty strong and healthy

Brittney said...

I am excited for you to have grass!

Big Al said...

Cool.. grass.. we have grass... no big deal....I graduated..... I am now officially out on my own..... I love chicken.... especially on pizza.... I don't even know where you live..... oh well you have a nice day chica.(spanish for girl)

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers