Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Conference Weekend







Ahh, Conference. Isn't it so nice to just kick back and relax at home while soaking in all of the awesomeness from the church leaders?! Kymora and Bo worked on worksheets from a conference packet that was sent to me by some friends. (Thanks Marykaye and Lindy) Basically conference related worksheets to keep the kiddos entertained all the while trying to keep their attention where it really matters. Example: One had a picture of all the general authorities plus a picture of a tie that you were supposed to color like the corresponding speaker's tie. Er, is that clear as mud? Anyhoo, my children being the kewlest kids of all time sat through ALL of Saturday and Sunday sessions reverently and quietly finishing their papers. The hub and I sat diligently and focused on every word that was spoken.

Yeah right, except for the part of Darnell and I sitting entraced at the incredible words of wisdom spoken by all the speakers but we were also trying to shush 2 fighting kids and soothe a fussy baby. It was spectacular, it was awe inspiring (as usual) but I felt so much more affected this time around. Maybe it was Elder Ballard's talk about Young Mothers (it was Ballard, right?) maybe it was because the kids were entertained for a good portion, whatever the reason, I want so much to be a better person. To try harder and be more patient not only with my kids but with everyone around me. It was a good weekend.


Some things I loved about G.C.

  • D. Todd Christofferson: "...and at the pinnacle of our family is my wife..."

I love how much reverence and respect the church leaders give to their spouse. They hold them at such high esteem.

  • Thomas S. Monson "Our homes should be where the storms of life stop at the door."
  • Thomas S. Monson on relying on the Lord while raising children, "You need more than your own wisdom in rearing them."

2 comments:

April said...

I *loved* conference and Elder Ballard's talk (you got the right man). I am so ashamed, but I forgot to pull out Greta's conference packet that she got from Primary.

Summersfam said...

You're so funny! When I read the part about your kids sitting reverently through all 4 session, I was thinking, "Oh, she is so LYING!!" :D

Thanks for the quotes and reminders about the talks. Those were all my favorite parts too.

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers