Friday, April 01, 2011

Tax Time

We keep our receipts. All of them. This makes it so much easier to reconcile all our bank accounts, do our taxes and such. These are just our grocery receipts for the year. Seriously-that seems like a ton. Is it?? I'm gonna go ahead and confess we spend about $400 a month on groceries. Is that a lot considering we have three kids? My cousin who is married has a 15 year old, a 13 year old, and a 6 year old says she spends $200 a month! That seems crazy to me. Maybe it's because she lives in the city and there are more grocery stores to compete for your business. My mother-in-law did her own comparison and found out things here in the valley are about 50% more than Idaho Falls. Highway robbery I swear. I'm just curious if we are frivolous spenders concerning food.

6 comments:

Goodman Family said...

So you are going to have to tell me how you only spend 400 a month on groceries! That is fantastic! What is your secret? And what kind of meals are you guys eating???

TSP said...

If you ask me I would say that is a pretty good budget! Not bad, not bad at all.

emily said...

We spend between 130 to 200 a month. I think for what's available to you you're not doing too bad.

Leah said...

I spend 500-600, but we eat no prepackaged food, organic (when available), and I always get lots of food storage stuff. Without the food storage we probably spend around $400. I can't imagine keeping my receipts. I'm an online banker to the core!

smiliesar said...

I think that is great...especially if it's a 50% mark up so then you would be spending only $200 in Idaho Falls.

The Woolner Family said...

Uh, we spend about $500/month on groceries. But I'm counting the little runs we make here and there for milk and eggs and goodies and about $50 or so goes to food storage. But I'm impressed. Who does $200?

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers