Thursday, July 23, 2009

Land of the Lost



Last Wednesday we drove to Kemmerer (why oh, why is it spelled like that?!)to a place called "The Fossil Safari." The guy that works there gives ya a hammer and a chisel and you sit on the dusty ground and split open limestone that used to be the bottom of a long ago lakebed. Hopefully, crossing your fingers you find a fish fossil, otherwise you sit there for 45 minutes cracking open rock after rock to find, hmm, more rock. Which is what I did. Ky was chippin, and findin'. Darnell was like champion of them all. Bo wandered around "Why are we here?" Quinn, well, he slept. Then Eureka, I hit the jackpot. After that it was a barrel full of fun...or I guess I should say, fossil fish.
FYI: We went with D's wholes fam, it was a blast.






0 comments:

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers