“Eat a live frog every morning, and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.”
-Mark Twain

The basic idea from the book “Eat That Frog" is that if you do the worst thing on your plate first thing in the morning, the rest of the day is a cake walk.
So if your least-favorite chore is the laundry, and it’s one of the items on your to-do list today, then tackle it first. That way, you can spend the rest of your day knowing you’ve done the most irritating task. Sure, there might be some more annoyances or tediousness - the dishes, the cooking, the helping with the homework - but in knowing you’ve accomplished the laundry, you’ve got fuel and motivation to do the less painful items.
So if your least-favorite chore is the laundry, and it’s one of the items on your to-do list today, then tackle it first. That way, you can spend the rest of your day knowing you’ve done the most irritating task. Sure, there might be some more annoyances or tediousness - the dishes, the cooking, the helping with the homework - but in knowing you’ve accomplished the laundry, you’ve got fuel and motivation to do the less painful items.
I REALLY REALLY like this idea, and it seems so logical. I'm trying it out this week.


















5 comments:
I already do this!
Waking up/getting out of bed is, honestly, the worst thing in the world for me. And I always get it done first! Hooray!
Warning! You are going to feel really sad for me and might even cry: I don't have a dishwasher. I have to do them by hand like a pioneer. It's far too exhausting to stand there late in the night, so I do them first thing in the morning. And it really is nice. My kitchen is (relatively) clean the rest of the day and it's over with. Sometimes to really make me feel better about doing them, I won't wash them for a few days until we have absolutely nothing left to eat with. Wow, does it feel good to get that huge task out of the way! Not good enough to not hate doing dishes, though.
Great idea-I am going to try it too!
Well shoot! You just reminded me that I was supposed to do laundry between work and school today. I guess that ends my Internet playtime for the afternoon! :)
Outstanding idea! I don't have a dishwasher, either, so I can relate to Leah...I hate washing dishes by hand. We have a few days worth in the kitchen, I keep telling myself I should do it, then I go do something easier. I ought to just get it over with first thing. Although even better to wash them right away and wake up with a fresh clean kitchen!
Post a Comment