
(Our little 3 year old Ky bookworm)
So, I've always wanted to post about when Ky first started reading when she was four. I mean REALLY started reading. She's five now. I've been proud of her from the get-go but I was leery because I figured people would roll their eyes and think, "Yes, Ky can "read," I'm so sure."
Well, she can, and she is awesome. My daughter is a rockstar!! The teacher administered what's called the "STAR" Reading test this week. Her test results were really good. When I say really good, I mean REALLY good! Ky's in Kindergarten and is officially reading at a 3rd grade level! That's right! Way to go, Sis!
Friday, September 26, 2008
Not So Humble
Posted by A. Simpson at 8:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















8 comments:
That is really, really cool. You should be VERY proud. Good reading is such a vital, life-enriching skill . . . smart girl!!!
Dang girl! You are one smart little cookie and you're mom should brag you up! Rock star is right!
That is awesome! I think some kids are just smart like that and then the rest just learn at a more normal pace. Early reading is super cool! I'd be braggin too!
If you woulda told anyone in our family that Ky could read when she was three they would have 100% believed you because hey, it runs in the genes. They're used to brilliant girls in this family! :)
Amy, Amy, Amy. Calm down. I'm in the midst of packing and taking care of my chillin's alone whilst Chad galavants to Florida and California every weekend he is not working in the clinic. I just needed a little time to do the calculating. If you love us and want to visit (you can stay in the bonus room), it will take you roughly 6.5 hours. Thanks for asking.
VERY excellent!!! I still get a kick out of watching my high schoolers grow and learn! Especially when they, in their infinitely superior intellect and experience, try to reason and debate their way into or out of something ("You know, Mom, I find that my current moral and political beliefs most closely aline with the teachings of the Dahli Lama. Because of this, I feel somewhat hypocritical attending traditional Christian-based worship services at this time, and thus, I believe my personal growth and development are better served by my boycotting Mass this evening."). Um, yeah, whatever. Get in the car, son, Sunday night football will still be on when we get home.....
very impressive. but I was reading straight out of the womb. No but I was seriously just ask my mother.
That is so so awesome!!! Way to go!
Post a Comment