Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Monday Night Fun


For FHE last night Darnell gave a lesson about prayer and how Heavenly Father answers us in 1 of 3 ways.

1.) Yes

2) No


3) Wait

He illustrated this by telling a story about John Witsoe. When he was a young boy he took a job to help his single mother with expenses. One week he earned $5. He planned on paying his tithing, giving some to his mother and buying a book. On the walk home he lost the money. He looked and looked but couln't find it anywhere.Very devastated, he prayed if it be Heavenly Father's will that his money be found. From his work to his home there was a boardwalk type structure and he searched through every crack. He eventually found the money laying in the grass and proceeded to pray to the Lord once again in humble gratefulness. We acted out the story (Darnell even built a 5 foot boardwalk). Darnell also hid some money for the kids to find and keep. They loved it.

For the activity and snack we strung cereal on a string to make edible necklaces. Bo did these in nursery and we had him show us how to make them.

How is it something so simple can be so powerful? I love my family. I'm so happy that FHE brings such joy into my families lives. A lesson taught by a young boys faith makes me want to be so much better. At not only asking the Lord for help, regardless the situation, but thanking him for answering my prayers. More often than not I am far too thoughtless to express my appreciation. I am grateful for the many blessing our Heavenly Father has bestowed upon us.

A short list for things I am grateful for:

1.) A beautiful family who I will be together forever

2.) A temple where I make sacred covenants. I know if I keep these promises I will recieve numerous blessing.

3.) Children who are incredibly smart, adorable, and wickedly funny.

4.) A husband who honors his priesthood.

Not to mention he's deliciously hot.

5.) My fun fun callings with girls that are too cool for words.

6.) The friends I have both old and new that stick with me and love me regardless of my nerdiness.

7.) A Savior who loves me enough to have died for my faults and weaknesses

8.) My strong, healthy body

9.) A prophet on the earth that recieves divine counsel

2 comments:

The Perkes Family said...

You do have a lot to be grateful for. I love your family. Did you know we are coming to see you next month! I am so excited!!

A. Simpson said...

Yes, I need to call you!

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers