Friday, April 11, 2008

This is Me


Here are 60 things you may or may not know about me. A couple of friends listed 100 but I can't think that much:

1.) I love to sleep
2.) In 3rd grade I was responsible for getting my good friend out of her sexually abusive home
3.) Age 17. First boyfriend, first kiss, got my driver's license.
4.) I hate driving when there are other adults in the car because I feel like they're judging me.
5.) Our first winter we spent here I slid on ice and knocked down a stop sign. Then I called the highway patrol and being the good citizen I am informed them "someone" knocked over the stop sign on County road 118, they should probably fix it.
6.) I like attention
7.) I think my children are way cuter than anyone elses
8.) My wedding wasn't exactly how I pictured it.
9.) I love to fish, although haven't gone in 9 years
10.) I'm pretty comfortable with my body ( except for my little poochy belly, which you can't see with clothes on but...)
11.) I didn't used to be happy with how I look. In jr. high I used to be asked if I was anorexic, I felt that was just as offensive as telling someone that they're fat
12.) I don't know what I'd do without the internet
13.) Math was and still is my worst subject
14.) I knew I wanted to marry Darnell the first time I talked to him
15.) My mother passed away 3 1/2 years ago. A bowel blockage which burst and poisoned her own body. Gross I know but I also know there will be people curious as to what happened.
16.) I was adopted when I was 2 days old
17.)My name used to be Amelia Legaspi (before I was adopted)
18.) I really have no desire to find my birth mother
19.) I have 3 stepbrothers and 4 stepsisters. I currently don't talk to any of them. Not that we hate each other it's just we have nothing in common.
20.) I wish I had brothers and sisters
21.) I'm a little conceited
22.) If I'm having a looking good kind of day, I expect someone to tell me so, and if they don't I'm a little disappointed.
23.) Sadly, I only speak to one of my high school friends on a regular basis
24.) I'm a dang good bargain shopper
25.) I love to peruse the aisles of the DI and Goodwill
26.)and I'm not ashamed of it
27.) I used to play the flute, but was pretty crappy
28.) I know I sing off key, but don't really care
29.) I get a little thrill at opening new things. Not like presents or anything but when I get to open a new toothpaste or opening a box of cereal. I don't know what it is.
30.) Opening my mailbox is the highlight of my day
31.) I gave up scrapbooking when Ky was 6 months old
32.) Even though I make simple things I think I'm an all right cook
33.) I like to ski, although haven't been since I was 18
34.) I love when people assume I am younger than I am
35.) I worry my husband will get skin cancer because he NEVER wears sunscreen
36.) I don't like to be cuddled in bed but I like to be the cuddler
37.) I HATE putting new sheets on the bed
38.) I like to sweep
39.) I loathe laundry
40.) I haven't kept a good diary since high school, but restarted when I was pregnant with my first then took a leave of absence and then just barely started up again about 2 weeks ago.
41.) I have had a poem published in a book
42.) I was on the National Academic team for 1 day in jr. high then thought it was lame and quit
43.) I experienced postpartum depression after the birth of Kymora
44.) It took me about 2 months to really like her.
45.)I don't know how to drive a stick shift.
46.) If I set my mind that something is too hard or I think I'll fail, I don't try very hard or I give up early in the game
47.) I like the show Lipstick Jungle (Guilty pleasure)
48.) I have been to the movie shorts at the Sundance Film Festival
49.) When I first met Darnell parents, we went snowmobiling and I slammed into a ravine and busted the windshield
50.) I don't like to rearrange the furniture in my house
51.)I love just hanging out at home and watching movies
52.)I am a touchy feely person
53.)I hate flying in airplanes
54.)because I have a fear of plummeting to earth and dying
55.) I save things for the last minute
56.)I used to want to be an elementary school teacher then in college was asked to write out a lesson plan and thought, "uhh, I can't do this!"
57.)I like to be told that I am appreciated, I feel it validates me
58.) I like buying and recieving "bath and body works" stuff but have a hard time using it because I just like having it around plus it's kind of expensive.
59.)I like to sing along to the radio
60.) I am the world's worst organizer


8 comments:

Fig said...

That's awesome! 5 and 22 cracked me up, and 17, 18, and 43 are intriguing. Oh, and no, you didn't. Sorry. :-) I think you're a good cook too, and you're always having a looking-good day.

April said...

I love posts like this! That said, I always have such a hard time thinking of things.

I am so sorry to hear about your mom. (((HUGS)))

Jessie said...

I cant even say I even knew you after reading that!! wow...crazy how much you learn! thanks for the post, it was very intriguing! it made me laugh, cry and smile :)

Heather Mowrer said...

Wow. You can only think of 60 because nearly everything you listed is brutally honest and interesting. Like "jessyquita" down there, NOW I feel like I know you. Definitely the best post I've read all night.

The Perkes Family said...

You are too funny. I was proud of myself for knowing as many things as I did. I wonder what it would be like to be Amy for a day...

Brittney said...

I already knew all that! Just kidding! I just wanted to tell ya, you are looking good today, and tomorrow, and the next day, etc! Just so I don't miss a day! :)

Leah said...

21 - it's okay to be conceited when you're dang hott.
31 - I lasted on the scrapbook bandwagon til Liv was almost 10 months.
35 - Sunscreen is a crock.
58 - I have B&BW stuff from 6 years ago that I use very sparingly! Nerds, we two!

Big Al said...

tmi

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers