Oh man today was such a nice day for once. Didn't even need coats, and that's sayin a lot! Darnell even washed the truck. Notice I said truck, not my Durango. Anyhoo, this was our project for today. We took all our broken crayon pieces and made these...

I got the idea from this blog I MUST promote. It's http://www.makeandtakes.com/ and it is so fun, if you have kids you HAVE too visit the site. CHUNKY CRAYONS are where it's at, baby! peel off crayon wrappings, break into pieces into a muffin tin, 450 oven for about 10 minutes or until melted, if you're like us you can stick the whole pan in the snow to cool them off or for you fair weathered friends, put it in your freezer. As they cool they'll pull away from the pan and then you can just slide them right out. We did a bit too many blue crayons so most of ours turned out really bluish and overtook the other colors in the muffin cup. I'd suggest doing only two shades per cup but it's up to you. Do what you want, see if I care. It was kind of more the process than the result. The kids took 25 minutes meticulously peeling all the paper off each crayon, and they liked swirling the colors with a toothpick, after they were cooked and cooled they were kind of done. They colored with them for about 10 minutes and that was that. They did enjoy showing them off to dad, grandma and grandpa and numerous aunts and uncles though.




















6 comments:
That is so cool! And I have seriously been saving broken crayons so we could do this, I just had no idea how until now! Thank you!!
I dont have any pictures of me and Kyle yet...thats why! lol hopefully soon!! :D
Seems messy, but whatever floats your boat. or whatever drives your car. Whatever rocks your chair. Whatever bakes your bread. Whatever fries your chicken. Whatever mows your lawn. Whatever pulls your wagon. Or just whatever yours your whatever
We are SO doing this! What a fabulous idea!!
Mandy
what a good mama! keep the ideas coming, i need to keep ella occupied! :)
what a good mama! keep the ideas coming, i need to keep ella occupied! :)
Post a Comment