Being completely out of it for 4 1/2 days I recieved some revelation. Mostly I already knew them, being ill reconfirmed them.
1.) I have great kids. Period. My oldest two are such good friends. While I slept they played with each other fairly well. They're little buddies. K taught B how to play Crazy 8's, Old Maid, Go Fish, and War. What a great sister.
2.) TV was a great invention. Although I don't encourage a ton of tv watchin' around here, it did save a bit of my sanity while I fought the flu.
3.) I love my chiro husband. He brought me a therapeutic water pillow home from work for me and It's awesome. A mini water bed for my noggin minus the sloshy-ness.
4.) DO NOT expect much from me when I am sick especially patience because it's long flown out the window. My poor family. I became MONSTER MOTHER!! Today I am feeling much more in harmony and I know my children can sense the difference. I felt like a ticking time bomb last week, every little thing set me off. I feel bad I took it out on them. Stupid me.
5.) I am a good mother. I am a good wife. I cook a hot breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day minus the occasional leftover night. I clean,dry, fold, and put away clothes for 5 people. I load and unload the dishwasher at least twice every day. I play with my kids, I generally always have some sort of yummy homemade snack around to eat (cookies, cupcakes, cheesecake, ect.) I run personal errands (i.e. copy store, grocery shopping, playdates, drop off food to post sugery neighbors, ect.) plus run the occasional errand for the husband whilst he be at the office. I definetly noticed how much goes into being me seeing as how a lot of things failed to accomplish themselves during my 4 day blech-fest. ( Sorry, I also used -fest a la snoozefest in a previous posting)
Anyways, I am enough. I like to think my husband would have a pretty dang hard time replacing me because baby, I'm worth it.
Maybe it was both a curse and a blessing that I got sick.


















8 comments:
I'm sorry you were sick, I'm glad you had some epiphanies, and you're a GREAT wife and mother. Kudos to you and congrats to your fam, you rock.
I love ya too :-)
You DO rock....will you come be the mom at my house for a few days? ;)
I'm glad you are feeling better. The flu is the worst. I'm glad your kids rock and entertained themselves for you.
You make a hot breakfast every morning?? You are my hero! Bring on the recipes!! Glad you're feeling better!
you definately are a SUPER Momma!! wow, i love to cook but its not always a "hot" meal! thats great. Post more recipes, i love them. get well soon!
Faker. You just wanted a break. Speaking of which, I'm feeling a bit queesy myself.
FYI to everyone. My breakfats are really no big deal. I alternate between:
Waffles, pancakes, breakfast burritos, french toast, bicuits and gravy.
Then add hash browns, breakfast potatoes, scrambled eggs, or fried eggs.
Sorry no recipes really. I just use Kruteaz pancake mix mostly.
Post a Comment