6 years, 3 kids, 3 houses and 3 locations later. Captains Log Stargate #41764
Weber State University. I enter Algebra looking forward to number calculations and equations as much as I look forward to a root canal (Okay, well, I've never had a root canal)
Regardless-I've never liked math starting in 6th grade when I got my first ever C. I struggled like a one legged dog hopping in circle to get through all my high school math.
Then, it happened. His deliciousness walked through the door and changed my life forever. Not really. I was excited a teensy bit about this class because my best friend, Kadee and I finagled our way so at least this class we had together. Sitting my me, she whispered,
*look at that kid, he's not taking notes....sheesh, he's gonna fail*
What a weirdo, we both thought.
Fast forward a couple of days same math class, someone asks the teacher about the assignment. He rattles off the page number and due date, and continues to talk about algorithms and such. Anti-note taker stands up walks to the front of the room and proceeds to write said assignment on the board. Kadee and I give each other a look that says, "What a suck-up!"
I see this boy before class, getting a drink from the water fountain and for some reason his cuteness (Is that a word?) suddenly dawns on me.
"Hey, we're in the same algebra class. What's your name?"
"Darrell."
We walk to class he holds the door open for me.
I take out my assignment due that day and realize it's not stapled together. I ask this "Darrel" if I can borrow his miniature stapler he has in his backpack.
Of course he lets me. Next day he's not in class, I'm dissapointed. Late, he tries to quietly tries to open the door to which it responds with a loud squeak. Everyone looks and he sits, a tad embarrassed, in the back. After class he stops me and asks for help with a problem he had on the homework. I naturally say, "Oh sure." We go to the commons, I hand him my notebook and he asks me to explain it. I sheepishly admit I didn't really undertstand it, I just wrote it on the board as the teacher explained it and hoped I could make sense of it later. He looks it over, doesn't understand my nonsensical writings, and we talk for a good 45 minutes. He tells me no his name is not Darrell but D (whew I almost gave away our anonymity) We leave saying we should hang out some time, maybe breakfast, blah, blah, blah. I am giddy! He's so cute, he's LDS, he's good at math!
(Sorry this is so long)
We arrange study dates, we go out to breakfast, me likey him. Me likey him VERY much. Me almost doom our relationship by holding his hand our first date. He thankfully forgives my forwardness, and...here we are!
(Well, that was fun, thanks for the stroll down memory lane, Fig!)
P.s. He got a B in the class, stupid me... a C. During our study dates he studied the lesson, while I studied, ummm him.



















9 comments:
I love your story! Who meets their lover in math class, seriously? Wow, what a good one. Thanks for following my lead! I think it was a good lead. :-)
P.S. Diz and I held hands on our first date (although he initiated it). Also, I told HIM that HE loved ME, and I proposed to him. So forwardness is celebrated here.
I didn't know your little love story. Pretty romantic. So did he really tell you to call him D? LOL funny funny. I kinda asked Kevin to marry me first too. But he did the offical proposal
cute! it totally made me think i was reading the plot to a teeny bopper movie! lol
How cute and fun to read! It's fun to hear how the guys from my mission found their wife. They are all like my little brothers. So fun to read!
None of that surprises me in the least. You are a little forward :) Although I have to give you props for having the guts to hold his hand on the first date. The only reason Bob and I did was because we went rollerskating (which of course was part of his plan). You are a funny story teller...either that or your life is just really funny :)
What a cute story! I can't believe you still remember the details so well.
Such a cute story! I put mine up too! Thanks for the fun! And tell Darrell hello from us!
Dad finally learns the truth....
Post a Comment