My friend Tiff Hewlett has the coolest blog designed to get your journals and scrapbooks full of real life.
An explanation from the blog:
We are super excited to bring you this new challenge blog, which is a little different than what you scrapbookers are used to! We got our inspiration from the journal jars we make sometimes for our grandparents and others around Christmas time. The idea is to pull a question out of the jar and it will jump start your journaling.
We read a lot of blogs and find that a lot of times they are nothing more than laundry lists of things we did that day or week. Or we sometimes just get bloggers block and have run out of things to say. These are just little prompts for you to write about on your blog, for fun little stories and tidbits about you that your friends and family will love to read.
First Challenge-"Where I live..."{
Star Valley, Wyoming, famous for Star Valley Cheese, mind you and Olympic Wrestling Champion Rulon Garner. ( Aren't you impressed?!-Yeah me neither) Ughh, I totally felt like I was going to be like a caged bird before moving here. No, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong. Yes, shopping is not the best here. It's a 1 1/2 drive to the nearest Walmart and Target. No it is not a desolate wasteland, contrary to popular belief. What there is here, is family, genuine friends, and natural outdoor beauty. Our kids won't grow up near numerous money hungry businesses, they won't spend their teenage days hangin out at the mall, they WILL NOT piddle away their Saturdays playing videogames. They will learn to love it outside: the camping, the snowmobiling, the hiking, canoeing, and for the boys and possibly our little girls...hunting. My husband grew up here learning the value of work, learning that small town life can be what you make of it. People actually open doors for you. You learn who your neighbors are. You become aquainted with the employees at the local grocery store. High School sports get tremedous support despite the fact most of the attendees have no kids in the school....
Ahhh Star Valley I love ya-thanks for all the memories in the making. Sorry for the "caged bird" crack.


















6 comments:
That is such a cool idea! I wanna play! Can I just copy you or what? Such a cute idea!!!
You should be a writer! What a great place to live...makes me wanna move there!
Thanks Amy! I knew I could count on my favorite Wyomingan! I love it, and I would love to live there too, so that I could see your sooo cute face and kids every day!
ive saide this before, youve made me wanna move there its so beautiful!
ps TAG!! youre it! see my blog for details
gee, i think thats a good idea, i dont think i want sophia hanging out at the mall either!
Sorry Amy. You haven't convinced me to move there. I think I would absolutely die without shopping nearby. I am so thrilled that a Target just opened 5 minutes from my house! Yeah! But I am glad you like it there. Someone's gotta live there :)
Post a Comment